Senior Systems Engineer
At MIS Choice we believe your company’s challenges and needs are unique. We work with you to create customized solutions to help your business, and not to burden it. We use technology to create easy to manage solutions tailored to your specific demands.
With MIS Choice you can rest assured your IT needs are taken care of the right way. You get the security of knowing your problems and needs are in the best hands, so you can concentrate on what’s important: growing and leading your business.
We believe in the power of people. We stress best practices, documentation and process, so that your systems are reliable, secure and dependable. We’re not just a hired gun. We’re a partner. And we take your business success as seriously as you do.
We provide the ease a single-source, fixed-fee solution ready to step in and help things run smoothly. We monitor your devices. Track your needs. And always look for optimal ways to improve performance. With MIS, you get Chicago-based IT support and total IT management. It’s more than support. It’s smart.
A Senior Systems Engineer candidate should have experience in the design, implementation, and support of information technology solutions. Senior System Engineers are assigned a group of customers and are expected to provide strategic IT guidance as well as Tier II and III support for various IT solutions.
The optimal candidate has experience and a proven track-record in implementing and supporting a variety of computing technologies with an IT Solutions Provider. This position provides the candidate a rewarding career and growth opportunities by strategically engaging in a variety of customer environments.
- The Senior Systems Engineer collaborates with clients and sales team to determine the most appropriate technology solutions for customer needs.
- Properly “on-board” new clients by performing technical assessments, documenting systems, etc.
- Senior Systems Engineer acts as primary technical liaison to insure we properly monitors and manages customer environment.
- Provide Tier II or III support to help resolve issues escalated from NOC or help desk teams.
- Perform proactive preventative maintenance tasks on servers, network infrastructure, etc.
- Senior Systems Engineer must focus on proactive and strategic customer communication.
- Maintains focus on continuing education for evolving technology solutions.
- Senior Systems Engineer should have 5+ years’ progressive technical experience in the support of information technology solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, including Active Directory, Group Policies, terminal services, RDP, MS SQL, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of clustered and multi-tenanted infrastructure.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (XP, 7, 8).
- Senior Systems Engineer needs fundamental understanding of networking technologies.
- Fundamental understanding of virtual deployments from VMware and Microsoft.
- Experience installing and supporting data backup systems, AV platforms, etc.
- Experience working with ConnectWise, LabTech, or comparable PSA and RMM tools.
- Senior Systems Engineer must have excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and take ownership of complex IT problems.
- Ability to positively contribute to a dynamic and exciting team environment.
- A two-year associate’s degree in a computer related field, Network+ certification, or commensurate experience.
- A successful track record working for another Managed Services Provider (MSP)
- MCSA certification or higher.
- Experience Senior Systems Engineer in supporting VMware (VCP) and\or Citrix (CCA) environments is preferred.
- Experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and security best practices a plus.
- Experience with SAN and storage technologies from IBM, Equallogic, EMC, etc.